The mission of the 40 Below Public Arts Task Force (PATF) is to cultivate a culture of public art in Syracuse. PATF serves as a catalyst for projects by identifying, initiating and integrating public art throughout the city of Syracuse. The PATF provides a medium for community members, artists and art enthusiasts to create public projects, beautify Syracuse and promote vibrant, desirable communities and partners with artists and organizations to provide the tools and resources needed to bring creative projects and events to life. These projects include:
• Funky Flea (http://www.funkyfleasyracuse.blogspot.com/): An annual summertime market featuring music, food, and a collection of: retro collectibles, vintage wares, antiques, handmade items, artwork, records, and more.
• Rack Pack: The design and installation of unique, artistic bike racks across various city neighborhoods.
• Salt City DISHES (https://www.facebook.com/SaltCityDISHES): A community dinner that spurs community development through the distribution of micro-grants.
• Creekfloat Art Parade: A parade of creative floats that travel down Onondaga Creek through Downtown Syracuse and Franklin Square.
• Tunnel Vision: A creative light installation planned for the parking lot tunnel next to the Museum of Science and Technology (MOST).
• Lipe Art Park (lipeartpark.com): A former abandoned train yard that is now the first art park in Syracuse. This public space is a venue for temporary and permanent sculpture installations, and creative events and performances.
TASK FORCE CO-CHAIRS:
For more information on these and other current and past projects of the PATF, please visit their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/40BelowPublicArtsTaskForce) and website at 40belowpatf.com or contact us.